Open Water Scuba Class Information
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI® Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course.
Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course. To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development ( online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
You may be able to get college credit for the Open Water Diver course.
SCDiving Courses are based on your availability. Contact the Dive Shop to set up your class.
- Workshops/Classroom Instruction
- Pool Instruction
- 4 Ocean Dive Instruction
What is not included:
- Workbook or eLearning
- PADI Certification Card (PIC)
- Rental Equipment
- Boat Charter Costs
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Booties or Gloves