The knowledge development portion of the course is designed so you can learn at your own pace and when it's convenient for you. Complete the academics online or at SCDiving Dive Shop
Learn on your Schedule.
Lifetime PADI Certification.
If you’ve always wanted to scuba dive and experience an unparalleled adventure in the beautiful and breathtaking world beneath the waves - IT STARTS WITH US!
Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI® Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course.
Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the magical wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
It's easy to enroll in our PADI Open Water Diver (or Junior Open Water Diver) course! No prior experience with scuba diving is required. You just need to be 10 years of age or older, have adequate swimming skills, and be in good physical health.
" The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. " - Jacques Cousteau
3 Easy to Master Modules
Learning to dive is one of the most rewarding experiences of your life!
A la cart pricing
Customized to you
- Each student must have their own: Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots and Gloves. (student discount applies if purchased at SCDiving)
- **** Purchasing from your local dive shop, helps supports local diving and keeping tuition, services and air fill prices lower
- Basic Class Pricing does not include: Workbook, Dive Logbook, Rental Scuba Equipment or Certification Card.
- Student Discount Rate: Available for equipment only, does not apply to manufacture MAP Pricing items.
- Boat Dives: Optional and is not included in the class price.
- Rental Equipment: 7mm Wetsuit, Hood, Weights, BCD, Regulator system and Scuba Tank.
- Ocean Dives are done on Saturdays and Sundays, unless prior arraignments are made
- Free Divers Alert Network (DAN) Student Membership during the class
Academic & Equipment
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development ( online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
You may be able to get college credit for the Open Water Diver course.
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank. The equipment you wear varies, depending upon whether you’re diving in tropical, temperate or cold water.
Need more information, send us a message and one of our Scuba Instructors will contact you.
Free 30-Day Trial eCards for New PADI Divers
Newly certified PADI Divers receive a free trial eCard for their recent certifications. These eCards, valid for 30 days, provide an immediate certification confirmation that divers can use while waiting for their permanent certification cards. The existing process does not change – this is in addition to any existing temporary cards (good for 90 days) your divers receive.
I have been diving for 18 years and decided to take the rescue diver course and do my dive master candidacy with SC Diving after shopping around at the other shops in the local area because I felt that Robert, Dan, Kevin, and both Justins brought a very positive learning environment and welcoming feel to the shop. As for the training, it was the better than what I could have asked for. Hands down! The scenarios Robert put me through helped me to identify my shortfalls and improve my diving skill set significantly. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
If you need personal and attentive instruction you will get it with SC Diving. In addition the instructors are bent on providing a very safe environment with every dive. They have proven themselves to be exceptional. I deeply appreciate their service to me and my 2 young boys who were certified.
Learn to Scuba Dive. Join our new diver mailing list.
Now is the best time to get Scuba Certified. For about the same price as a weekend snow trip, you could be a lifetime PADI Open Water Scuba Diver:
SCDiving Dive Shop
575 Dawson Drive, Suite 9
Camarillo, Ca 93012
Dive Shop Hours
Monday - Thursday - 5:30pm to 8pm
Friday - 3pm to 8pm
Other Days & Times Available by Appointment
©2021 SCDiving Dive Shop